It is red ready to go with my dark blue and white dress I'm wearing tomorrow and along with my red nails readily adorned. I will be a walking Union Jack.
If you want to create a similar (if less patriotic version of the headband) here is how....
You will need:
- Sewing machine
- Paper for creating a pattern
- Fabric scissors
- Paper scissors
2) Put your template onto your fabric (which should be folded) with the shorter straight end of the template on the fold of the fabric. Pin the pattern down and cut it out. Repeat to make the second piece of your headband.
3) Pin the two pieces of fabric (wrong side to wrong side) together and stitch all the way round with a 1cm seam though ensure you leave at least a 10-11cm gap in order to be able to turn your headband the right way out.
4) Now your headband should be starting to look like a headband though you now need to turn it to the right side out. At this point press your headband ensuring you also press the open edges in to the wrong side. Slipstich these edges closed.
5) If you wish you can then topstich round the edges of your headband. If you wish to make this a decorative topstitch use a contrasting colour of thread (I did topstitch but didn't use a contrasting colour). Et voila- you have your finished handband to adorn your lovely locks!