Ignore the model and slightly insane lipstick but I wanted to put on one my greater sewing successes. I made this red dress for a friends wedding using a prima pattern and some red jersey. It looked simple to start with but putting in a collar and sleeves (which I'd never done before) turned out to be a lot more complicated than I thought it would be. Furthermore other sewers will know that stretchy materials can be a nightmare to work with. I found the trick is to keep the material nice and taught but that might be completely the wrong way to do it!
I really had to burn the midnight oil to get this done as well as I've been super busy with wedding planning, and I even ended up on the train to London cutting off bits of thread and neatening seams with a rather large pair of fabric scissors. How I didn't get them confiscated I'll never know, I must have looked like a mad woman!