Saturday 28 August 2010

Something nice for my niece...

Sorry I've been away for so long, and for still not getting round to putting up some more details and photos of our wedding. In the meantime, have a peek what a spare piece of material, a new sewing book and a spare hour produced last week....


Having just got married, I've now 'inherited' two beautiful nieces (plus two gorgeous nephews too), who were perfect to make this skirt for. It's literally the easiest thing I've ever made (except for threading the elastic through the waist band) and it's so cute too. In the book it suggests adding to large pockets in a contrasting fabric, but I think it looks lovely without in this material. For Mum's looking for long lasting clothes, this skirt has the added bonus that the waist is completely elasticated meaning it'll 'grow' with your little sprog!

No comments:

Post a Comment